Senior Investment Associate
Our client is from the Energy sector and are looking for a senior investment associate to join their transactions team.
Within the Transactions Team, you are responsible for originating and evaluating new investment opportunities across energy platforms, specifically solar and wind. This role will report into a Senior Investment Manager and will have significant exposure to new deals, as well as helping support the team on existing transactions.
• Assist in origination activities including market research, organising and attending meetings, taking notes and maintaining a pipeline tracker of potential investment opportunities.
• Evaluate new investment opportunities and assist the team in considering returns in the context of identified risks and their mitigations.
• Analyse and maintain complex financial models in a transparent, accurate and efficient manner.
• Complete financial, legal and technical due diligence on new investment opportunities, primarily through appointing and managing specialist external advisors.
• Preparation of investment papers detailing new opportunities for the Investment Committee.
• Assist in the preparation of transaction contracts - reviewing and assisting negotiations of contractual terms.
• Managing interactions with legal advisors.
• Maintain and enhance the quality and integrity of data captured and reported.
• Proactively seek out improvements to maximise value for investors.
• A strong team player with the confidence to exercise judgement appropriately, challenge and liaise with - colleagues at all levels of seniority.
• Prior experience is required, ideally in an investment bank, fund manager, industrial or in a corporate finance team of one of the big 4 accountants.
• Excellent academic record. Professional financial qualifications (accountancy, CFA/CA) and/or MBAs desirable but not essential. A formal engineering or similar technical background may also be beneficial but is not essential.
• Strong analytical and Excel financial modelling skills.
• A strong understanding of financial valuation theories coupled with core accounting and tax skills and an ability to read financial statements confidently.
• Strong commercial mindset, able to own investment decision making and understand the impact on potential investments.
• Exceptional project management and organisational skills. Evidence of managing complex workloads in a fast paced environment.
• An ability to understand risks, reach a balanced appraisal of probability and severity and build workable risk mitigation strategies.
• A self-starter with tenacity, initiative and a willingness to commit whatever it takes to deliver the required results.
• An ability to focus on the ultimate customer (the investors who trust us with their money) in all aspects of the role is essential.
• Ability to communicate with and influence a broad range of individuals, ranging from team members, project developers, landowners, project finance teams, lawyers, technical advisors, policymakers and potential investors. Indications of an aptitude to communicate effectively and tailor the communications to the needs of the recipient will be important.
Back to List